With a spot of tea? Delicious! Diva makes these CONSTANTLY, and with Fall right around the corner I figured I would share. You lucky dog, you.
What You’ll Need: Scones
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 5 tbsp of unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream (then a little on the side for brushing the scones)
What You’ll Need: Lemon Glaze
- 1/4 cup FRESHLY squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Instructions, and stuff:
Side Note- Okie dokie, artichokie… Yes, I really do say that all the time, btw. Shrug. Anyways, here’s how to, and some pictures I decided to take while baking these. YES, they take time, and sometimes you have to start over because you don’t like the outcome, but they are extremely worth it. I promise you that. Just take your time, follow the instructions, and put on your fat pants/sweats for the amazing outcome. 😉
- Preheat oven to 400 awesome degrees, and get out one medium bowl for the scones, and one small for the glaze.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar by whisking gently. Take your cold butter, and grate it into the dry mixture.
- Toss together lightly, so evenly distributed.
- Grate your lemon very finely, til the while shows – get alllllllll of that lemony goodness.
- Fold your blueberries and zest into the mixture..
- Make a “well” in the middle/small hole, and pour your heavy cream in it – then fold just to incorporate – DO NOT overwork the dough.
- Form the dough into around 10-12 mounds, and put on parchment paper, NOT wax. Parchment will make it so the bottoms do not burn. Because after all that hard work, that would suck immensely.
- Leave in for about 15-18 mins, until golden brown. Take out, set on bakers rack, and let cool.
- Take the left over heavy cream, and brush lightly over the scones, and wait to dry.
- After everything has cooled, mix together your lemon juice, confectioners sugar, and unsalted melted butter. No lumps.
- Drizzle lemon glaze all over those bad boys, and wait like 5 minutes to set.
- DIG IN!
Let me know how it turns out, ladies/men! 🙂 I’d love to hear from you.